Safe Days Calculator
Pregnancy and Motherhood are one of the best gifts to mankind. But there is a right time to conceive i.e. when you are mentally and physically ready for it.
Only then you can peacefully enjoy that beautiful phase. Some couples are scared to have sex as they are unknown about safe days for sex and fear about pregnancy. Although, there are many contraceptive methods available nowdays that you can make use of to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Ex. Condoms, Contraceptive pills, IUD etc. Many couples do not want to try artificial means of contraception and also are worried about pregnancy. So what they can do? Try the natural birth control planning methods like safe period calculator to avoid pregnancy. Though they don’t guarantee you 100% reliability but are safe, no side effects and are free. There are many safe days calculator, safe period calculator, ovulation period calculator available online to plan your safe days for sex. These safe days calculator basically work based on the concept of menstruation cycle and ovulation.
Please enter Details to Calculate Safe Days
About Safe Days Calculator
According to safe days calculator tools, you are safe in the first 7 days of your periods as the eggs are not yet mature to fertilize. No doubt, you are bleeding and hygienically it is not safe to have sex during first 3-4 days of your period. So, you can target the next 3 days to make love with your partner without any stress. Also, days after 21st day of your period are also safe because the matured egg has already become inactive and shredded off. Remember, this calculation of safe days for sex is applicable to those women who have a cycle of 28 days or shorter since it is assumed that they ovulate in midterm. But women who have a menstrual cycle greater than 28 days, these safe days for sex calculation doesn’t hold any good.
If you are getting all confused to remember the safe days for sex simply use our safe day’s calculator or safe period calculator to avoid pregnancy. For this you have to note your period for at least 6 months and note the number of days between starting date and the next period date. This will help you to identify your shortest and longest menstrual cycles. Once this is done, easily you can find out your safe days for sex using our safe day’s calculator. Our safe days calculator is based on a concept which takes into consideration your ovulation time, life of the egg and sperm and the relation of pregnancy on particular days of your period cycle.
This ovulation period calculator and safe period calculator logic to avoid pregnancy is used from thousand years as an inevitable way of contraception. But now our safe days calculator implements the modern scientific technology with calculations based on calendar thereby improving the reliability of safe days for sex.
Let’s understand in detail about the different phases of our menstrual cycle:
1) The Follicular Phase A women’s body releases hormones between day 2 and 14 that activate the ovarian eggs to grow. The uterus lining also thickens to receive the fertilized egg. This phase begins on the day after your menses are over and extends till ovulation. This process is controlled by Estradiol hormone. This is a safe sex time.
2) The Ovulation Phase This phase is the most fertile and unsafe to have unprotected sex. During this phase mature ovarian follicle releases an egg for fertilization. The ovulation occurs between Day 10 to Day 19 of menstrual cycle days. Also all the pregnancy supporting hormones are released during this time.
3) Luteal phase This is the last phase of menstrual cycle days. It will either lead to ''pregnancy'' or ''next menstrual cycle''. It starts from Day 20 and extends till your period. It is again considered to be a safe period for sex to avoid pregnancy. In this phase the egg has become inactive and also the thick lining of uterus is sheded off.
In simpler words, there are infertile days at the beginning of menstrual cycle, then comes a fertility period which is again followed by infertile days before the next menstruation.
In safe period calculator to avoid pregnancy, 1st day to 7th day and 21st day to rest of the cycle are considered as safe days for sex for women with a regular cycle of 26-32 days. Doctors suggest appropriate use of Ovulation period calculator or safe days calculator in addition to coitus interruptus method also known as withdrawal method. Though for adolescents or people involved in casual sex this is not an appropriate method.
Since safe days calculator tool is a calendar based method, results do show variations from women to women. Expected perfect use failure rate for this safe days calculator method is 4% per annum.
How can you do the same calculations as on Safe day’s calculator manually?
From last 6 months note down your shortest monthly cycle, and from total no. of days of this shortest cycle subtract 18 days.
- The no. of days that you will get post subtraction, count that no from the very first day of your LMP and then mark it as A. Hence, A is the first unsafe day of this months fertile period
- Now, from last six months remember the longest monthly cycle, and from the total no. of days of this longest cycle subtract 10 days.
- The no. of days that you will get post subtraction, count that no. from the very first day of your LMP and then mark it as B. The days post B will mark safe days for sex.
- So, the days unsafe for sex are between A and B. All remaining days except these are safe days for sex.
LIMITATIONS OF SAFE DAYS CALCULATOR
If on an average your menstrual cycle length is between 26-32 days in last 6 months and there is a variation of <7 days in between your shortest and longest cycle, you may utilize this safe period calculator to avoid pregnancy.
But if your average menstrual period length is <26 days or > 32 days in last 6 months and there is a variation of 8 or more days in between your shortest and longest cycle, you must not use safe days calculator.
Also before using this method post child birth you will have to follow a wait time till 6 regular periods. Ovulation period calculator or safe day’s calculator method is not suggested for teenagers and women nearing their menopause.
Finally, keep in mind that these methods don’t promise you 100% safe days for sex. There have been instances when even having sex during your period might be able to make you pregnant. In conclusion, the safest method is always to use protection while having sex.
The results of our safe days calculator change with every women and different cycles. Safe Days calculator does not promise that you will not get pregnant. Use Safe Days calculator on your own risk. Consult your doctor for any irregularities or health complications. This calculator is not intended for medical advice.